The non-profit organization RuNicosia in collaboration with the Nicosia Marathon Series Ltd, proclaims, the Minerva Nicosia Marathon 2021 which will be held on Sunday March 7, 2021. The race is co-organized with the Pancyprian Gymnastic Association (ΓΣΠ), and is under the auspices of the Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr. Nikos Christodoulides and the Cyprus Federation of Amateur Athletics Athletics (K.O.E.A.S.).
The race to be held on public roads and runners will stroll the main streets of Nicosia, and comprises the Marathon, the Marathon Relay, the Half Marathon National Cyprus Championship, the 10km and 5km races and two charity races namely the RuNicosia and the Orange Run by Karaiskakio Foundation. All races will take place in accordance to international regulations and under the supervision of judges and timekeeper of K.O.E.A.S.
The race is listed in the World Athletics calendar and will be conducted in accordance with the terms and conditions herein.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The age limit for the Marathon race is 18+ years old (born at least in 2002 or before) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
- The age limit for the Half Marathon race is 18+ years old (born at least in 2002 or before) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
- The age limit for the 10km Road Race is 12+ years old (born at least in 2008 or before) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
- The age limit for the 5km Road Race is 12+ years old (born at least in 2008 or before) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
- The age limit for the to participate in the Kids’ Run is set from 9 to 12 years old (born in 2009, 2010, 2011) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
- The age limit of the 1,8 km Kid’s Race is for children 9-12 years old (born in 2009, 2010, 2011) are able to participate (able-bodied runners).
- In age limit for the 1,5km Kid’s Race is for children 6-9 years old (born in 2012, 2013, 2014) are able to participate (able-bodied runners).
- The age limit for the 1k Kid’s Race is for children up to 6 years old (born 2015) able to participate in the race (able-bodied runners).
- In case of minor participants in the Kids’ Run or the 5km & 10km Road Races (children between 9 and 17 years old), the registration must be submitted by the person/parent exercising parental responsibility. By submitting the relevant entry form, the consent of the person/parent exercising parental responsibility for the participation of the child in the event is assumed.
- Participants in the Minerva Nicosia Marathon are fully aware of and understand the full risks involved in their participation in the race, in regard to possible damages, or harm to their health.
- Every runner participates in the event at his/her own free will.
- Every runner participates in the event on his/her own responsibility and bears full responsibility as to his/her fitness condition and ability to participate.
- The Organizing Committee of the event, the Cyprus Amateur Athletic Association (KOEAS) and the Pancyprian Gymnastic Association (GSP) carry no responsibility in case of injury, damage, or any other harm that may be caused by participating, or spectating the event
- Only runners that have dully, officially and in time registered for the event can participate in the Minerva Nicosia Marathon races.
- Participants are obligated to bear the race bib that they were given by the Organizing Committee of the event, on the front of their chest. In any other case, it is possible that they are disqualified from the race.
- All participants must respect and follow the regulations of the event, before, during, and after the race.
- The Minerva Nicosia Marathon event takes place the day and time that has been announced as such, regardless of weather conditions. Only in cases of exceptional circumstances or other force majeure incident, the Organizing Committee, KOEAS and GSP of the event have the right to decide on the postponement of the start time or the cancellation of the event, depending on the current conditions. In such cases, the registration fee is NOT refunded to the registered runners.
- The Organizing Committee of the event, KOEAS and the GSP have the right to change the event’s schedule, the terms and conditions regarding participation and staging of the event, without prior notice, by posting such a decision on the website of KOEAS or of the event nicosiamarathonrun.com and nicosiahalfmarathon.com
- The personal data declared by the participant upon submission of entry form are true and correct. In case the entry form is submitted by a third party, it is granted that the participant consents to his/her personal data being given to the Organizing Committee of the event by the third party.
- Participants agree that their personal data are given to third parties for reasons related to timing, results’ ranking and announcement on the internet. Personal data of the participants required during the registration procedure are stored and will be used for purposes only related to the staging of the event. By submitting an entry form, each participant consents to the storing of his/her personal data and its use for the purposes of the event.
- Participants consent to their personal data being given to the Insurance company with which the Organizing Committee cooperates in the framework of the event’s staging, for purposes related to the insurance of participants in case of accident during the event.
- Participants consent to the use of their image during the race by the organizers, sponsors, or other partners of the event for promotional purposes, with no right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
- By agreeing to current Terms & Conditions, the participant consents to his/her photos being taken by the event’s photographers and the Official Photo Agency of the event. The event is being filmed, recorded and exploited by means of television, film, video or some other broadcast or media format. The participant agrees to the use and reproduction of his/her name, likeness, appearance and photograph. All such commercial rights in relation to the above belong entirely the Organizing Committee and the participant has no proprietary rights in relation to any film, photograph or other such recorded media, nor right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
- The photos and videos of the participants are uploaded on the website of the Official Photo Agency of the event, they are visible by the public and remain as such without time limitation, according to the contractual obligations of the Organizing Committee. Any photographs may be purchased online following the event, through the website of the event’s Official Photo Agency. In any case, the participant may contact the Organizers for any issues related to the processing stated in the current clause/paragraph.
- The Minerva Nicosia Marathon Organizing Committee, the Cyprus Amateur Athletic Association and the Pancyprian Gymnastic Association have the right to suspend, or close registrations without prior notice.
- Registration to any of the Minerva Nicosia Marathon races is possible only through the online registration platform available in the official event’s website nicosiamarathonrun.com or www.nicosiahalfmarathon.com or by any alternative way indicated by the Organizing Committee.
- A registration is considered valid on the condition that it has been successfully submitted as stated above and that the registration fee, as determined on the date of registration, is successfully paid, while the amount of the registration fee has been credited to the organizers’ accounts.
- Registrations to any of the Nicosia Marathon races, for which the full registration fee has not been paid within two (2) working days after the date that the entry form has been submitted, are cancelled with no prior notice.
- Changes on confirmed registrations (runners’ replacement, change of race etc.) are not possible under any circumstances after the closure of registration period, for any of the event’s races, or after a certain date determined by the Organizing Committee.
- Cancellations of confirmed registrations are only possible in accordance to the cancellation policy of the event, as indicated in the designated section of the official website of the event.
- Post confirmation of the registration, no further change regarding the selected t-shirt size of the runner is possible (in case of confirmed registration in the Advanced or Full Registration Level).
- Race Bibs & Kits Collection Terms & Conditions (Acquisition of Official Number of Participation):
- Race bibs and kits are personally collected by the registered runners themselves and only from the event’s BIB Collection Centre during the days and hours announced. The registered runner needs to present a valid identification document (ID card, passport etc.). A registered runner may authorize another person to collect his/her race bib on his/her behalf from the event’s BIB Collection Centre, as mentioned above, presenting an authorization by the registered runner on the responsibility, of the latter, as well as a copy of the ID card or other legal identification document (for example passport, driving license) of the registered runner.
- In order to collect race bibs and race kits, it is required, in addition to presenting ID card or other legal identification document (e.g. passport, driving license) of the registered runner, to also present a copy of the “bib number notification e-mail” that states the runner’s race bib, and is sent to all registered runners.
- Runner replacement(s), and/or change in the selected race, are not possible under any circumstances during collection of race bib and kits at the event’s BIB Collection Centre. Only validation of the runner’s data and update of his/her personal information is possible at that stage.
- Race bibs and kits are not sent anywhere, under any circumstances, either by regular mail or any other way to their rightful runner, before, during, or after the operating days and hours of the event’s BIB Collection Centre.
- Race bibs and kits that are not properly collected during the operating days and hours of the event’s BIB Collection Center, may not be collected under no circumstances thereafter.
- Pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic conditions, BIB numbers will be delivered to registered runners by courier service; in the event that all COVID-19 Protocol Conditions & Restrictions imposed are completely waived and lifted by the Government the following BIB delivery/pick-up conditions will prevail
- Competition numbers personally received from registered runners only from the Registration Center of the match days and hours of operation, the identity card or other legal identification document (eg passport, driving license). A registered runner may authorize another person to receive personal competition number of the Registration Center of the organization above, or authorization that will bring genuine signature certificate or simple authorization, on his own responsibility, and if his / her representative bears with the identity or other legal identification document (eg passport, driving license) of the recorded cursor.
- To obtain the number of the registered cursor participation required beyond demonstration identity or other legal identification document (eg passport, driving license) and presentation of the confirmation message of participation, clearly indicate the number of participant involvement.
- Replacing rotors and / or change the race chosen by the participant is not possible in any case upon receipt of participation numbers in the Registration Center of the tournament. At the Registration Center of the event is only possible to update the information already recorded cursor and correcting individual personal data.
- Participation numbers and / or material contained in the selected recording level is not sent in any way by post or otherwise to the beneficiaries before, during or after the days and hours of the Registration Center of the tournament.
- Numbers and / or material contained in the selected recording level, which is not officially received the days and hours of the Registration Center of the event can not be released under any circumstances thereafter.
PARTICIPATION TERMS THE DAY OF THE RACE
- Participants are obliged to follow strictly and without any deviation all the provisions of the COVID-19 Protocol as these are stated under the COVID-19 Protocol herein displayed
- Participants are obliged to strictly follow the instructions of the organizers, volunteers, and event’s staff, including calls to abandon the course and stop the race.
- Any breach or non-compliance with the race regulations announced by the Organizing Committee, the Cyprus Amateur Athletic Association (KOEAS) and the international regulations of AIMS and IAAF result in the disqualification of the participant from the event and erasure from the race results without any kind of compensation.
- The race bib is personal and may not be conveyed, transferred, or be given to another runner under any circumstances.
- Participants are obliged to read and respect the instructions provided by the Organizing Committee of the event, either electronically, or in printed format (such as Medical & Technical Instructions, Race Manual) and which have been announced in the official website of the event.
- Access to the racecourse, and the areas at the start/finish of the event is not permitted under any circumstances, to non-registered runners.
- Every participant is obliged to fill in, on his/her own responsibility, the data required at the back side of his/her race bib, whether it is relevant to contact information, or personal medical data.
- Use of bicycle or other wheeled mean is not allowed on the race course, whether it is about a runner, or another accompanying person. In such case, the directly involved participant is excluded from the race and is called upon to withdraw from the event.
- The time limit to finish the Marathon Race is set to seven (7) hours from the start time of the race.
- The time limit to finish the 10km Road Race is set to 90 minutes from the start time of the race.
- The time limit to finish the 5km Road Race is set to 60 minutes from the start time of the race.
- The time limit to finish the RuNicosia (5km Road Race) is set to 60 minutes from the start time of the race.
- The time limit to finish the Orange Run (5.5km Road Race) is set to 60 minutes from the start time of the race.
- The official time is the time from the starting gunshot. The net time is the time from the moment the participant passes the mat at the start line, until he/she crosses the relevant mat at the finish line.
- The race classification results from the official finish time. The net and split time is announced only for the information of the runner. In the Marathon race only runners over 18 years old (born least 2001) are able to participate (able-bodied runners).
- In case of juvenile participation in the 10km & 5km Road the application form submitted by the Office of parental care and parent care. With the submission of the relevant application shall be deemed to have given consent of parent participation of the child in the race.
- Participants in the organization of “Nicosia Marathon” know and fully understand the risks involved in their participation in the organization with regard to possible loss or damage to their health.
- Each runner participates in the organization of his own free will.
- Each runner participates in its own responsibility and bears full responsibility for its participation with regard to the physical condition and ability to participate.
- The Organizers of the event are not responsible in case of injury, loss or other damage that may be suffered by the participant in the organization or a spectator.
- In matches of the league “Nicosia Marathon” can only engage properly and timely registered runners.
- Participants runners must wear their bib number, given to them by the Organizing Committee of the race, in front of their chest. In any other case it is likely to be excluded from the race.
- All participants must respect and adhere to the regulations of the race before, throughout the course of carrying on.
- The “Nicosia Marathon” takes place on the day designated as the day of conduct, regardless of weather conditions. Only in exceptional conditions or other force majeure event entitled the Organizers and the race to decide the starting postponement or cancellation of the race according to the prevailing conditions. In such a case, the participation contribution to the fight is not returned to the registered runners.
- The Organizing Committee of the event reserve the right to change the race program, conditions and regulations and participation of the game without prior notice, by posting on the website of Minerva Nicosia Marathon nicosiamarathonrun.com.
- The personal data entered by the participant when submitting the entry form is absolutely true. If the application / entry form is submitted by a third party, it considered that the participant agrees to dispose of his personal data to the Promoter and the Organizing Committee of the race through the third person.
- Participants accept that their personal data provided to third parties for purposes of timing, results list editorial and publishing them on the internet. Personal participant data, provided by participating application process, will be stored and used for purposes connected solely with the handling of the event. In the application form the participant agrees that the data processed for the purpose of conducting the fight, according to the specifications of the IAAF & AIMS. Any other processing of personal data of the participant only upon consent of the data subject for the specific stated purpose.
- Participants accept that their personal data provided to the insurance company with which the Organizer cooperates in the fight conducted for the purpose of insurance in case of accident during the running of the race.
- Participants in organizing consent to use their image taken during the race by organizers, sponsors or other partners of the event for publicity purposes and this future projection, without any entitlement to full or partial compensation for this reason.
- Participants in organizing consent to the photographing during the day and the hour of the race by photographers of the event and the Official Photographic Agency of the event and to download the image during filming, recording or other visual recording format of the event. Participants in the organization agree with the use of these shots and play them along with their full name. Related commercial rights of these belong exclusively to the Organizer and the participants have no right of ownership on the above photos or other downloads, or the right to full or partial compensation for this reason.
- Photos and videos of the participants posted on the website of the Official Photographic Agency of the race, is visible from any interested party and remain as such without a time limit based on contractual obligations of the Organizer. Each photo can be purchased by the person concerned through the website of the Official Photographic Agency of the match. In any case, the participant may contact the Organizers for issues related to the procedure described in this paragraph processing.
CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT POLICY
- A registration submitted and confirmed may be cancelled after request by the registered runner sent to the Event up until 30 days prior to the Event. In a registered runner wishes to cancel his/her registration, he/she needs to send a cancellation request email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In all cases of cancellations requests sent up until the above date to the above email (email@example.com ) the registration fee is refunded to the applicant, after the deduction of €10.00 as handling fees.
- After that date NO cancellation request submitted will be considered, regardless it suggests registrations submitted previously or afterwards.
- In the extreme case that the MINERVA Nicosia Marathon event is cancelled after relevant order by the Authorities less than 30 (thirty days) prior to the event, the registration fee will be refunded to the registered runners, after the deduction of the following amount as handling fees:
- Marathon Race – €20.00
- Marathon Relay – €30.00 per team
- Half Marathon Race – €15.00
- Ten Kilometer Race – €12.00
- Five Kilometer Race – €12.00
- RuNicosia – €30.00 per team
- Orange Race – €30.00 per team
- Any due refund will be settled within a period of 60 days after the event.
- Any merchandize ordered and paid up by the registered runners will be delivered as ordered
- In the extreme case of the Event cancellation all registered runners will receive a 25% (twenty five percent) registration discount during the next Event
- If Event Organizers, decide in the extreme case of the Event cancellation, to organize a Virtual Event, all registered runners may have the choice to automatically convert their race registration and register in the Virtual Event for an amount that will be announced. The aforementioned amount will be deducted from their initial registration fee and the remaining balance will be returned.